Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom Book Launch and Discussion with Author Acharya Shunya
Weds. March 29th @ 7pm
An empowering guide to finding balance and restoring health in mind, body, and soul
Ayurveda teaches us that true health is our birthright—and that by artfully adapting to the rhythms of nature, we can bring ourselves back into balance and experience optimal well-being. Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom is a groundbreaking work within the field of holistic health and traditional yoga, written by internationally renowned Ayurvedic healer, teacher, and scholar Acharya Shunya.
Raised in a distinguished lineage of Vedic mystics and healers, Shunya learned the ancient art of Ayurveda directly from her grandfather, a well-known healer in Northern India. Here, she presents both an engaging narrative of her unique education, as well as a complete encyclopedia of Ayurvedic practices, recipes, and knowledge.
With Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom, Shunya maintains the integrity of Ayurveda’s traditional teachings while showing us how to integrate them into our modern lifestyles. Through her in-depth teachings, we learn to live in a way that supports our greatest health through daily ritual, nourishing food, spiritual practice, and self-care. Highlights include:
· Detailed instructions for a nourishing daily routine, organized by time of day and aligned with seasonal changes
· Clear, accessible guidance in the basic principles of Ayurveda, as transmitted through an uninterrupted lineage of Ayurvedic healers
· Dozens of traditional recipes, along with advice for structuring your meals according to the season, your constitution, and your unique health needs
· A treasury of lifestyle teachings and wellness practices—meditation and pranayama, exercise and yoga, connecting with nature, rituals for self-care and pleasure, daily cleansing routines, and working with the doshas (energetic body types)
· An approach to healing both practical and spiritual—restore your body to health with holistic lifestyle guidance, rather than a list of rigid rules or do’s and don’ts
· Beauty routines and rituals, including recipes for homemade scrubs, oil blends, gargles, and more
· How modern lifestyles contribute to chronic disease, and how to restore vital health through Ayurveda
· Experience greater physical energy, more joy, better sleep, increased sexual pleasure, improved digestion, stronger immunity, and many other benefits in mind, body, and soul
“This book that you are holding in your hand has the potential to change your state of health for the better, permanently,” writes Shunya. “Health is not a probability that you may achieve. It is a reality, an underlying natural state of being.”
Whether you’re looking for help with a specific health concern, or if you’d simply like to improve your overall well-being, in Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom you’ll finda treasury of Ayurvedic lifestyle teachings and wellness practices for every part of your day.
Acharya Shunya is an internationally recognized spiritual teacher, ordained lineage holder, and authoritative scholar of the Vedic Sciences of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Vedanta.“Acharya” is a customary title which Shunya earned after 14 years of study. Her lineage of Vedic sacred teachers goes back centuries, and yet she feels it is her sacred duty and honor to put this knowledge into the hands of everyone today, especially people who have sought answers in modern medicine, but need to find another way.Learning Ayurveda on the knee of her beloved grandfather, who was revered throughout India, Acharya Shunya has become one of the leading American practitioners and advocates. She is the founder of Vedika Global, a spiritual foundation dedicated to elevating consciousness, building community, and serving humanity by illuminating India’s Vedic spiritual traditions of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Vedanta. She was named among the 100 Ayurveda and Yoga Trailblazers by Spirituality and Health magazine and is president of the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine.Acharya Shunya personally mentors and supports Vedika graduates who are teaching Ayurveda lifestyle courses at Stanford University's Health Improvement Program and in schools in Coimbatore, India. She also supports graduates leading Ayurveda staff trainings in California probation departments.She is also chair and advisor to several noteworthy national and international organizations, including the Government of India, on international Ayurveda and Yoga affairs.
An international lecturer and a sought-after speaker, Shunya delivers inspirational speeches, workshops and retreats throughout the world and has delivered keynote addresses for members of the World Ayurveda Congress (a multi country consortium), the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA), Association of Ayurveda Professionals of North America (AAPNA), and the Global Ayurveda International Conference. She was also invited to present on the status of “Ayurveda in the United States” by the Government of India, on behalf of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Overseas Affairs in 2016. This is a rare honor.
Shunya has also received prestigious awards both in the United States and India, including for Distinguished Service by the California Institute of Integral Medicine (CIIS), excellence in education by the Association of Ayurveda Professionals of North America (AAPNA), the Best Speaker Award at Global Ayurveda International Conference, and the International Ayurveda Ambassador Award from Indian Institute of Medicine (IIM).
She lives in Northern California with her husband, son, beloved pets, plants, and a globally expansive student community. Visit www.acharyashunya.com